Question
Posted by: VIV | 2011/06/08

Slender wonder

Ive heard people raving about this " NEW WEIGHT LOSS'' system (aren''t they all?). What''s your thoughts on this doc? Is treating Leptin proven to make one loose weight?

Dear Viv
I must admit that I don't know what the Slender Wonder 'New Weight Loss System' entails, because the information available to the public does not specify what capsules and injections they use in their treatment. The other components such as the low-GI diet is perfectly acceptable. If the capsules contain potentially harmful components (herbal or pharmaceutical) and if the infections should contain human gonadotropin, then this could be harmful to your health. Leptin is indeed a hormone that is produced in the human body and a deficiency can lead to obesity, however there are very few individuals who have an actual leptin deficiency. What many people do suffer from is leptin resistance. This means that their bodies make lots of leptin, but the receptors on the body cells that need to react to the leptin are 'resistant' and don't react. So if someone is already making lots of leptin that can't work, it won't help to give that person even more leptin because the body cells will still be resistant to its action. One can probably achieve the same results by using a low-GI, low-fat, moderately energy-reduced balanced diet and physical activity to lose weight at a lower cost and without having to be injected or to take capsules that may, or may not, assist with weightloss. If you can find out what the capsules and the injections contain, then I could assess the ingredients for you.

1

Dear Viv