Question
Posted by: Runett | 2010/11/03

Slender wonder

I am on the Slender wonder diet for 2 weeks now. Is it healthy and the injections in the morning, is that necessary.
Thank you.

Dear Runett
I do not approve of the Slender Wonder diet because I do not think that it is based on sound scientific and dietetic principles. It sounds like a fad starvation diet to me. It would be safer and more sensible to spend money on consulting a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that she/he can help you with a balanced slimming diet which may be based on the principle of the glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Then I would like to recommend that you do some form of exercise for at least 30 min a day (brisk walking, skipping, jogging, rowing, cycling (stationary bike), or join a good gym or Walk for Life) because aerobic exercise helps with weightloss and stimulates your metabolism.
The use of HCG (growth hormone) or any other hormone injections for slimming purposes in adults is not recommended and can be potentially dangerous. On the other hand the injections you receive may not be contributing to weightloss at all.
Be careful

2
Posted by: John | 2010/11/03

They told me the injections are to " shrink"  the skin so that you do not get stretch marks!

Reply to John

Dear Runett
Be careful