Question
Posted by: Lebs | 2009-07-01

sleepy and tired during the day

Hi, for the last 8 weeks I have been feeling sleepy and tired during the day, this comes and goes and last for about 30minutes to an hour irresistabely my eyes close themselves and my head feels heavy.

At night i do sleep 7-8 hours undisturbed, i hardly drink coffee and energy stimulants like redbull. I had seen a GP and tested my urine and blodd but found nothing. Could this be from driving? cos it started just after getting a car. Please help as this is affecting my work.

thanks

Expert ImageSleep Expert

What you are describing suggests that there may be a problem with the quality of your sleep. As your doctor has suggested, underlying illnesses can also cause it.

I would suggest that you ask to be referred to a sleep doctor, who can try to solve the problem for you.

2
Posted by: hannes | 2009-07-16

I have severe sleepapnee, but medical aid dont want to help with CPAP machine as the doctor precribed. What can I do
Please help, because I cant take it longer to be so tired during day and bloodpresure very high
Please respond to my email adress

Thankyou

Reply to hannes
Posted by: Lebs | 2009-07-06

Hi Doc, can you please give me details of a sleep doctor in Alberton or nearer that I can go see. Thanks

Reply to Lebs