Posted by: sleepy | 2008-12-01

sleepy after eating and bowel movement

Good day Doctor
I constantly have a sleepy feeling after eating. I have tried the elimination diet and it does not matter what I eat. I have tried iron tablets and still no luck. With this sleepy feeling after eating I have a bowel movement and then feel more sleepy afterwards. I have been for scopes (bottom and top) and nothing was found. The internet has limited information on this and there are other people suffering the same. The doctors seen cannot assist.
Doctor/ Somebody Please help.

Hallo Sleepy
You may have abnormal high insulin after eating - please ask your doctor to check your insulin levels and maybe do a glucose tolerance test to see if you have abnormal reaction to sugar in the blood. Best doctor to see for this would be a physician.