Posted by: Half-asleep | 2011-04-12

I have been waking up for the past few months at 3:30 in the morning. It does not matter what time I go to bed, but when I wake up it is always around 3:30. It takes me at least and hour or two to fall asleep again (if at all). Any suggestions?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Although not the only cause of this, depression very typically does this. Speak to your doctor about the possibility that you may be depressed.

Posted by: Kayleigh | 2011-05-05

Home run! Great slguigng with that answer!

Reply to Kayleigh
Posted by: Joe | 2011-05-05

Thats devils time! Have u watched paranormal activity?

Reply to Joe
Posted by: Healthier Options | 2011-04-19

I suffered from this for over a year, at the time I was going through a very stressful time e.g demands at work, moving house and all the usual demands of everyday life. I went to my GP and he said I was suffering from depression and he prescibed antidepressants I took this for a couple of weeks and hated the idea of being medicated and decided to look for healthier options. I started eating healthier a lot more fresh greens and fruit and started walking in the evenings with my kids and wow it made a serious difference, I started sleeping through the night without waking up and waking in the morning feeling good. Sometimes we just need to look at our habits and make a few changes. Bye the way drinking alcohol in the evening can also affect your sleeping patterns!

Reply to Healthier Options