Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2010/07/05

Sleeplessness

Dear doc. I have been put on glucophage about 4-5 weeks now. A week and a half after I started treatment I also started having trouble falling asleep. I know that glucophage causes blood sugar levels to drop (hypoglycaemia) - could this be contributing to my insomnia?
If so, how can rise my levels up?

I also have epilepsy and am now also starting to develop anxiety around not being to sleep as I know this might trigger seizures. I am on a good medication though, have been seizure free for seven years now. My local doctor told me not to worry about seizures as my meds will prevent them. How true is this? Thank you.

Hallo Andrea
Insomnia is not a common side effect of Glucophage. How many times per day do you take Glucophage? See if it helps if you reduce the dosage?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/05

Hallo Andrea