Question
Posted by: SleepWatcher | 2010-06-09

Sleepless Wife

My wife is not sleeping much these days. She goes to bed on average about 11:30pm at night and usually gets up every morning about 2am for an hour or so then comes back to bed.

She has a lot of things on her mind lately concerning who she is, her marriage to me - we have been having marriage issues lately, she is unhappy in her job, stressed, the list goes on

How can I help her to deal with all these things and to get a good nights sleep. I have suggested sleeping tablets but this can not be a long term thing. She needs to put her mind at rest

This has been going on for months now and doesn''t seem to be letting up

What can I do

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You are quite right that sleeping pills are not a long-term solution. From what you have said, she may be depressed. Depression can cause this kind of sleep problem. I think she should speak to her doctor about this, and he may want to put her onto something for depression, or he may want to refer her to someone else if there are any other issues which he is worried about.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-06-10

Reply to Sleep expert