Question
Posted by: Sleeplesness | 2010/03/08

Sleepless nights

Hi there,

I have a issue where I fall asleep quite quickly but then wake up multiple times during the night, this obviously leaves me tired during the day.

Most times when I wake up I imgaine that my BF is busy with his phone or doing something he is not suppose to.

Is there something I can do to get a peacefull night without feeling down and miserable the next day(most sleeping tablets leave me feeling like this)

Most, indeed all, sleeping meds are downers / sedatives. The more modern ones like Silnoct are designed to be more short-acting, to help to get you to sleep but to wear off before morning - but while that's fine for people who struggle to GET to sleep and want no hangover the next day, it's not much help to the folks like you who do get to sleep OK, and wake early.
Remember, early morning wakening, especially combined with feeling miserable at the time of wakening, is typical of depression, and responds to proper treatment of the depression. Similarly, as Liza says, anxiety can cause multiple wakenings.

2
Posted by: Liza | 2010/03/08

Anxiety could cause you to wake up multiple times during the night. Sounds like you''re anxious that your boyfriend might cheat on you. Is there a reason for this? Has he proven untrustworthy in the past? If he has, I would suggest couples counseling to try and sort out trust issues. If he hasn''t - perhaps go for CBT so that you can turn your thought patterns to more positive things. This in turn will reduce your anxiety and let you sleep better at night.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza