Question
Posted by: Dini | 2009/12/17

Sleepless Nights

I am not sure if my body is starting to get used to the sleeping pills but for the past few months I have been having troubles sleeping and I tried the home remedies like honey and some herbal teas which it did not help and again I' ve tried drinking some Calcium and Magnesium tablets which I became better.
Due to the problems that I had at work facing the retrenchment my problem started again and I went to the doctor who gave me about 30 sleeping tablets and I had them everyday and I started sleeping peacefully and last week I ran out of them and I went to the other doctor who gave me 30 as well and last night I did not drink the pills and I did not sleep for the whole night I do not want my body to depend on the pills can somebody please help

It would have been, and still would be, far better to see a counsellor, espeially a CBT style counsellor, to deal with the worries that were keeping you awake, than just swallowing more sleeping pills.
When you have been taking sleping pills for a while, you do tend to have some nights of sleeping less well when you stp them suddenly - but if you wait, you should return to normal sleep soon. And don't assume that some nights with less sleep needs to be a major problem - instead of lying there tossing and turning, get up and read or do some boring task, ansd go back to bed when you feel drowsy

3

Posted by: Phil | 2009/12/17

Let me try and finish the sentence..lol Eventually u get so tired, that you have to sleep. Might take about two weeks to get your body back into the sleep routine. Good luck

Reply to Phil
Posted by: Phil | 2009/12/17

Been there. Your body does get used to it. I stopped the pills, and didn' t sleep for like 3 days. Eventually you get so

Reply to Phil