Question
Posted by: Insomnia | 2012/02/27

Sleepless in Jozi

To say I am suffering from sleep deprivation is an under-statement! I wake up every morning between 1am and 3am and cannot fall asleep again. I don''t know what is going on with me. I feel very emotional and weepy and cry easily. I am exhausted emotionally, mentally and physically. I also get very angry over trivial things and it has caused problems in my relationships with others. I don''t know what to do, please help! I do not like taking medication, so I will not consider sleeping tablets. Are there any effective natural remedies on the market? Thank you.

See a psychiatrist ( preferably ) or a GP at a push, for a proper assessment of your mental state. Sleep difficulties, especially early morning wakening, is typical of Depression, even if mood depression isn't obvious - and you describe beiong emotional and weepy, exhausted, irritable, and other features typical opf Depression. I agree with sleeping tablets should never be the best response to an early depression, where there are many antidepressants available which will, gradually, get the mood and sleep right.
There are NO "natural" remedies available which would be helpful - much of what is advertised as "natural" is about as natural as a pink and blue Zebra. Geting an accurate diagnosis and a treatment proved to be effective for that condition, is the best way to get better as soon as is practical

1