Question
Posted by: bluebird | 2012-08-24

Sleeping too much

I have been using a sleep apnea cpap machine for the last three years, and have had no problems with it and still use it .Lately though I cannot stay awake for more than two or three hours whether during the day . When I wake up I feel tired and lacking energy. I am wondering if my cpap machine has stopped working for me ?
I do have an underactive thyroid which I take eltroxin for. However
I feel as if I have a sleeping sickness as this sleeping goes on 24/7 with just a few awake breaks in between each sleeping session during the daytime.Otherwise I feel fine and do not feel ill.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The mask and the hose need to be changed every 2 years or so, because they perish. It may also be a malfunction in your machine - get back to the suppliers and ask them to service it.

Finally, the pressure needs might have changed, and you may need to set it at a higher pressure. For that you will need to get back to the laboratory where you were tested.