Question
Posted by: anon | 2011/01/17

sleeping tabs

As I understand, Loprazolam is commaonly used as a sleeping pill. What else, if anything, do doctors prescribe it for?
Would 15-20mg Loprazolam kill a person if ingested at once?
I''m certainly not considering suicide. I''m merely curious.

Loprazolam is just one of the many sedative tranquillizers known as the Benzodiazepines, which all have very similar effects. I don't provide informtion about dangerous or lethal doses, for obvious reasons - nobody needs to know those things except for a doctor treating people. And besides, in real life, people sometimes die from an overdose that should not have harmed them, and sometimes survive one that should have been fatal.
If you are developing any serious curiosity in the lethal doses of anything, this suggests a depression, and you should see a shrink and discuss this

4

Posted by: Tristan | 2011/01/17

It can be used for plenty of things but only ever in the short term. Some uses include  anxiety, to terminate a seizure, sedate an otherwise unmanageable patient and plenty more. Surprisingly many people think it has anti-depressant properties which is not at all true.

Reply to Tristan
Posted by: anon | 2011/01/17

Is that something else doctors prescribe it for?

*had a good chuckle thanks*

Oh, and my answer would be " no" . Not yet anyway.

Reply to anon
Posted by: hahaha | 2011/01/17

if not planning a suicide are you planning a homicide, sorry that was just a very weird question.

Reply to hahaha