Question

Sleeping tabs

Dear Doc

I have been taking Zolpi Hexal 10mg for 4 months now and have become ' addicted to them. I cannot sleep without them. I want to stop taking them. Can you give me an honest account of how bad it will be (how many nights of insomnia) I can expect before my sleep will become normal again.

Anon

Dear Anon
Zolpihexal is not supposed to cause dependency but I am sure it does cause rebound sleeplessness - I used it a while after a very traumatic experience and also battled to come off it. What I eventually did was to go to half a tablet for a week, then 1/3 of a tablet for a week and then I stopped - I battled to fall asleep for a day or 3 but after that I was fine! You can try taking an antihistamine like phenergan or a herbal relaxant like Biral the first evening that you try and sleep without the sleeping pill just to make you a bit drowsy.

2
Posted by: Dave | 2009/11/13

Hi anon,
Ihave been taking 2 rescue tabs before going to bed and they
work very well they are purely herbal and have no after effects
they are available at all pharmacies

Reply to Dave
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/12

Dear Anon

Reply to cyberdoc