Question
Posted by: sleepy | 2010-10-18

sleeping tablets and dreams

My dr prescribed tripilene for cluster headaches and adco solpidem for my sleep problem. I seems to be wide awake at night and can''t fall asleep. If I do ,I dream a lot and feel tired the next day. I am also using iron tablets as well as pain tablets during the day due to headaches from the lack of sleep. I have tried Melatone but it made it worse! any suggestions what I can do?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Sleeping tablets will not work on a long-term basis - your body very rapidly becomes used to them. You need to be assessed by a sleep doctor, who will firstly try to determine the cause of the problem. After that, the best approach is using a technique called cognitive behavioural therapy, which does not involve medication, and which works much better.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-10-19

Reply to Sleep expert