Posted by: Yolanda Lewis | 2012-10-31

Sleeping tablets

How can you come off sleeping tablets effectively.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You first have to get your sleeping habits right. The question is: why did you need them in the first place? Once your sleeping habits ("sleep hygiene") have been corrected, then it is a relatively easy thing to do. However, I would suggest that you see a sleep doctor to help you with the whole process. If you just stop them, you could have 2-3 weeks of severe insomnia. And you don't want to exchange one sleeping tablet for another.

Of course, it is unfortunate that you started them in the first place. There is a right and a wrong way to use sleeping tablets. The wrong way is every night. The right way is just from time to time.

I suggest you get the right kind of help for this, which can be a difficult problem, and there is no "one size fits all" - the process has to be tailored for the individual.

Posted by: Amanda | 2013-01-14

I have FM and severe sleeping disorder. I have been taking sleeping tablets for years. Ended with X2 Dormicum 15mg and could still not sleep.SCARY. Now I take nothing and I am just glad for the few hours I get now and then. I have a major problem

Reply to Amanda
Posted by: Ilse Rossouw | 2013-01-09

I have been taking Dormonoct for almost 5 years. Started with 1 now take 2 x2mg almost every night

Reply to Ilse Rossouw