Posted by: Just Me | 2012-02-29

Sleeping tablets

I''m using the following meds per day, for Bipolar Mood disorder, Welbutrin XL150mg, Epitec 200mg x2, Cymbalta 90m and also. Dormonoct 2mg.(now for more than 6 months). I''m really trying to get off the Dormonoct, drinking only half a tablet. After a hour, I will fall a sleep, just to wake-up 4 hours later. I''ve tried using herbel products, without any success. And if I don''t sleep, my emotions are getting so low that I''m facing a deep depression mood swing. Please I need help!!

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Please speak to your psychiatrist about this! As you have found, a lack of sleep can seriously affect your mood disorder. Any changes need to be done very carefully and under medical supervision.

Posted by: El | 2012-03-07

I am on Wellbutrin 300mg for my Depression, have been for 5 years.
Not sleeping well is a typical side-effect with almost all anti-depressants. I have also tried herbal, Calmetttes etc. My system get so use to that stuff it stops working.Sleeping tablets give me heart palpitations and make me feel like I''m going to get a heart attack the next day.
Exercise is all that works. I have tried the Solal Technologies Melatonin last night, I got sleepy and was less tired this morning but still awaiting a response from the Doc and my Psychiatrist before using it again, will probably interfere with my meds.They say it causes insomnia 8-#
Good Luck. It''s not nice living with it,but it is possible. I have since I was 14, I am 26. Look after yourself.

Reply to El