Question
Posted by: Ann | 2010/12/03

Sleeping tablets

I really battle to fall asleep and I've been using 1/2 to 1 zopiclone tablet every night for the past five years. I'd like to be able to sleep without them, but the thought of staying awake is too frightening. How can I get around this?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Ann
insomnia, ecperienced or anticipated, can be quite anxiety-provoking. As you have been taking zopliclone for several years now, it would be best that you wean yourself off this medication, as apposed to stopping it precipitously. Weaning yourself off on a tapering dosage would greatly lesson the chances of rebound insomnia. please note, though, that you are urged to consult your prescribing physician who must supervise your weaning off period. many people find that natural sleep unducers, such as medication, having a warm bath prior to retiring and moderate physical excersise enhance one's quality of sleep

1
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/12/13

Dear Ann

Reply to Addictions expert forum