Question
Posted by: Bob | 2011/01/14

Sleeping pills

I take Ivedal every night as I just don''t fall asleep without it and trying to ween off, but battling very much. Can''t sleep at night but stay sleepy during the day and sometimes have to take " Regmaker"  pill to stay awake. I know this is not to be, but can you please advise how to get off the pills and not going to see a sleep doctor, as my medical won''t cover this and won''t referme. Please help?? Maybe there is someone I can contact via e-mail or phone if you have details please?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The problem with all types of sleeping pills is that, used every night, they rapidly lose their effect, but will cause quite severe insomnia for a while when you try to get off them.

First, make sure you have an absolutely strict sleep routine - going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.

Then you can either try to slowly reduce the amount you are taking - over about 2 weeks; or else you can just stop taking them altogether, in which case you will have terrible sleep for a week or so, but things should then settle down.

3
Posted by: Zim | 2015/06/10

I am a shift worker and struggles to sleep from night shifts but I always sleep immediately after masturbating when my wife is gone.This affects my sex performance as I sleep now after cumming.

Reply to Zim
Posted by: Josi | 2011/02/11

I sympathise! I took Z-Dorm for about 2 years as I had alot of stress in my life and struggled to sleep. I was completely dependent on them and could not sleep without them. Then I fell pregnant and had to stop and I have to say that it was the worst 2 / 3 weeks of my life. I would get myself in such a state every night before I went to bed and would not sleep at all.

Eventually I decided that I cannot worry anymore as it is stressing me out even more. So I prayed everynight and decided that I am not scared anymore an I will sleep. It has taken time but I do fall asleep but still wake up a couple of times a night but try not to stress myself out about it anymore.

Will never ever take a sleeping tablet again!!!

Perservere - it is awful but you can do it!!

Reply to Josi
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/01/14

Reply to Sleep expert