Question
Posted by: Bob | 2010/10/12

Sleeping pills

Doctor, for someone else you indicated to have Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to be weened off sleeping pills. Who does this, and don''t you have advice to ween off sleeping pills, without going to a doctor. You are the expert and I will appreciate your inputs and help in trying to get off these and have a prober night sleep. Thanks and regards

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The psychologists generally do this kind of thing, but they need to have had training in this particular technique, so call beforehand and confirm that the person has the right training.

You can try gradually reducing the dosage of your tablets over a number of weeks, until you are off them. However, unless you get your sleep habits right, it is likely that you will just fall back into your old habits. That is why you need someone to help you deal with the problem on a personalized basis - unfortunately there is no one-size-fits-all which can be done over the internet.

2
Posted by: meleney | 2010/10/21

I Have IBS and am on alzam,trepilene and pax.I am tired all the time. I sleep at 12pm at night and awake at 7am,then sleep from 1pm to 4pm in the afternoon.I went onto COQ10 for a month and developed superficial thrombosis.I gym 3x a week 4 2 hours and dance on a Sat. for 3hrs.Am now also on ecotrin.

Reply to meleney
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/10/13

Reply to Sleep expert