Question
Posted by: Simon | 2010/05/30

Sleeping pills

Hi Doc,
I am having real trouble sleeping and want to take sleeping pills but have been given varied advice from pill x to pill y with others saying antihistamines, some give hangovers, some don''t - which do you reccommend? Just something to knock me out for 6/7 hours a night.
Thanks,
Simon.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi simon

Most of the Over-The-Ccounter sleeping tablets available are antihistamine based, and because it causes sedation, should assist you in falling asleep - As for "knocking you out", these does not come close to doing that.
For the "knockout" effect a prescription product such as those containing Zolpidem or Zopiclone are the answer - Speek to your prescribing doctor about these.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/05/31

Hi simon

Reply to pharmacist