Posted by: netty | 2009-04-18

sleeping pill withdrawal

i am going through a hard time since going off sleeping pills. when i retired the need to sleep at all costs factor fell away. its 3 weeks and i still do not get a decent night' s sleep. what can i do to get over the sleeplessness? at about 4am i fall asleep for just about three hours. help!

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Keep your sleep routine as regular as possible - same time to bed and same time up, irrespective of how badly you slept. No napping during the day. Do not watch TV or read in bed. Make sure you have a regular exercise programme. And try taking the sleeping tablets only the night AFTER a bad night - it is much less traumatic to do it that way.

Posted by: Lorraine | 2009-11-30

I am desperate. Have been on sleep tabs for 8 months, now I am withdrawing because I have to cope without it. Can NOT sleep. Need help. Were also on antidepresants.

Reply to Lorraine