Posted by: Yolanda | 2012-10-17

Sleeping on hand

Hi there,

I have a problem I sleep with my hand underneath my pillow and then wake up in pain from lying on it, I hardly sleep lately. I have tried changing pillows (twice) - my wrist really hurts in the morning and I just cant stop sleeping on it... I try and then while I sleep I just automatically turn to the side and put my hand underneath the pillow.

Isn''t there something that I can do to prevent this from happening?

Thank you!

Expert ImageSleep Expert

It is very difficult to change a long-standing habit of sleeping in a certain position. If you find yourself doing it automatically in your sleep, you may even have to splint it straight overnight until you break the habit. This will be uncomfortable and will disturb your sleep for a few nights, but at least you should be OK once the habit is broken.