Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2011/06/14

Sleeping on back while pregnant

Hi doc. I''ve got a BIG problem. I''m 18 weeks pregnant, everything is going well, but when I sleep on my side, after a while my hips start aching, very much. For the pain to go away, I need to turn on my back, and lay like that until the pain goes away. Now I know that sleeping on you back at this point is not recommended, but I''m really having difficulty with this. I don''t know why my hips start aching, and turning on the other side doesn''t take the pain away either. So now I''m awake most of the night, because of the pain, and worrying about not turning on my back?

You could prop a pillow under your back so that you are not flat on your back. This should help.

1