Question
Posted by: nutcase | 2009/07/21

Sleeping Disorders, The Doc I went to was not helpfull

I think that stress is taking over my life, and might be the cause of my restlessness, the doctor I went to was of no help, The main reason I went is cause it felt like there was something stuck in my throat for over a week, similar when swallowing a pill and it does not go down, this problem is slightly better, but for over a month now even after taking sleeping pills I still wake up, mostly at 2am, no matter what time I go to sleep, when taking sleeping pills I might sleep a hour longer and wake at 3am,
nothing seems to help, and now i dont know if it' s a medical thing like sinus or if it' s turning into a phsycotic nightmare, any advice please ????? I am goin of my head

One of the many ways anxiety ( stres ) mcan cause worry and discomfort is both by enhancing and amplifying any minor physical symptom we may experience, but also, through various instances of muscle tensions, cause physical discomfort in parts of the body, too. One should also not need to be taking sleeping pills for months on end, and if a sleeping problem persists, it is better to see a good local psychiatrist for a thorough assessment. Difficulty getting to sleep is more typical of anxiety, early morning wakening more typical of depression.
What you describe is more likely to be identified and cleared up by seeing a psychiatrist than by searching for purely physical causes which are unlikely to be the cause. And of course a psychiatrist is also a fully trained medical doctor, and so well able to consider any possible physical cause during such an asessment

3
Posted by: Steve | 2009/07/23

Go see a shrink and let him prescribe Luvox (antidepressant) for about 1-2 months, which will " break"  the 3am waking thing, and should get you back into your normal sleeping pattern.

Reply to Steve
Posted by: Steve | 2009/07/23

Reply to Steve
Posted by: snooze | 2009/07/21

go to a good pharmacy or health shop and ask them for natural/non biotic sleep enhancers...like 5 http and magnesum can help alot and actually give you longer lasting sleep than sleeping pills that only give you 6 hrs...years ago i had stress and took sleep pills they didnt help at all...poor quality sleep anyway, you also have to examine what it is that is causing you stress and anxiety.....you need to resolve it and get peace.

if you cant cope at the moment take time off work and destress.

Reply to snooze