Question
Posted by: BEAUTY | 2011/01/20

SLEEPING DISORDER

My problem is my brother he is always sleeping, even if he is watching television, when he comes back from school, in the morning its hard to get up he is always late for school. What can be the problem I am kind of worried when I say he must go to the doctor he say there is nothing wrong with him, by the way he is 18 years old

Some teens just get very unmotivated and lazy. But this picture could also be due to drug use and/or to depression. If he is your brother, why does it sound as though the initiative is up to you ? Why aren't your parents involved ? Discuss it with them as well as with him

2
Posted by: Jordan | 2011/01/20

Hi Beauty. My experience is that boys are generally very lazy especially in their teens. But I would definitely look into it. It sounds like he is not motivated at all and this could be an indication of depression. Or have you considered that he could be using drugs. I know the effects of drugs personally and it is pretty much the same symptoms you have described. Get him to a doctor or someone to assess him. At 18 he should be happy, vibrant, excited to be making a life for himself. All the best.

Reply to Jordan