Posted by: Vicky | 2011-09-27

Sleeping alone?

I have been single for many years therefore am very used to sleeping alone and actually enjoy it. Am now involved with amazing man but I am battling to get used to sleeping with him. I hate being held or having an arm over me plus his deep breathing/light snoring bothers me terribly. He only sleeps over weekends and says he misses me in the week - I feel guilty coz I dont and look forward to sleeping alone week days. Will it get better for me? Will I get used to his embrace? Sleep is very important to me and I hate a restless night. I get irritated and wake up like a zombie - would it be too much to ask to have separate/single beds but in the same room??? Please help

Expert ImageSleep Expert

It is absolutely true that sharing a bed with someone frequently disrupts sleep. Most people ultimately get used to it, but your options are (1) give it time, (2) get a larger bed, so that you each have more room for yourselves, (3) get separate beds.