Question
Posted by: kerry | 2009-06-29

sleeping

my son is 14 months old. he has always been a bad sleeper which is aggravated by teething he wakes 4 + times a night sometimes. i took him to the paed for a check up and specifically to check his ears as i know this could possibly be an underlying cause. he said they are perfect is there any chance he could miss an infection etc? i do think his problem is a habit one but would hate for it to be something bigger and have missed it. he doenst rub or pull his ears and was walking well from 11 months. he is cutting his molars now and this is the first time ive seen him rub them very occassionally.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Kerry
If your son responds well to sounds, doesn't cry a lot, doesn't pull on his ears, doesn't have a fever and the GP says his ears are fine, it is unlikely that he suffers from a middle ear infection. If you are still concerned I would suggest you take him to an ear, nose and throat specialist for a check-up.