Question
Posted by: WN | 2010/09/20

sleep walking and talking

I have always talked in my sleep but the other night my b/friend said i got up took a torch from next to my bed and went walking around the lounge. I havent walked in my sleep before (besides once when i was 5). The other night i apparently sat up in bed and was talking/mumbling - What causes this - should i worry?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This generally happens during the dream phase of sleep. At this time the muscle normally become paralysed, to stop you acting out your dreams. For some reason this didnt happen.

It is only a problem if you start walking about, when it could be dangerous, for example if you were to walk through a glass door. Then we would want to put you onto medication to stop it happening.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/09/21

Reply to Sleep expert