Posted by: KT | 2011-07-08

Sleep terror

I have been experiencing sleep terror. My husband has told me I am awaking and suddenly sit up and seen terrified until he calms me down. I have no knowledge of this. I used to have these episodes abt 6 yrs ago and I could remember some of them. I just feel a terrible fear and almost lose my breathe. I am feeling so tired in morning. I also have dreams that leave me anxious. I am a tense, anxious serious person. Is it just my personality that makes me do this? Should I take sleeping tabs or anxiety medication?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

No, it is not just your personality, and sleeping pills probably wont help. You need to see a sleep doctor yo help you with this problem.

Posted by: Racoon | 2011-07-15

Ask your doc about Rivotril - its lessens the brain''s electrical activity and thus helps with night terrors.

Reply to Racoon