Posted by: Imvubu | 2011-04-22

sleep terror

I thrash around and scream during the sleep. I have no recollection of it after being woken by my wife, which I have already injured by my action

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This is a problem because of the risk to your bed-partner. You will need to see a sleep doctor, who should be able to prescribe something to suppress thje movements.

Posted by: Mr W | 2011-05-06

I used these medications now for years and the sleeping pills. I started with Prozac (for depression) and went to generic stuff. At some point I struggled to sleep. Roll around/Worries or just couldn''t sleep. Went from stilnox to zolpidiem. With the sleeping pills I used 1 at night and tried to stop it by reducing it to half. But with stress/depressing times I used 1. The doctor at some point increase it to two 20mg for months. I try again to reduce it and went to 1 and a half and is now back to 1 again. The reason for this is I lost some control in my left hand for 3 months after I slept on my arm on a nerve. The neurosurgeon wants me off the pills. But it’ s going to take time. Is there alternatives. I heard on the radio about beta blockers (something like that). Maybe the problem is the combination of these pills ? Maybe get off it all with consultation with my doctor ? All I want now is to have a normal sleeping night of 7 to 8 hours not 4 or 5 hours. Any advice will help... I even went the herbal route/subliminal music. Didn’ t work. Sometimes I feel like a zombie... show no emotion at jokes.. I know it’ s the pills, hitting 40’ s soon.

Depnil 300mg (2 times a day)
Cipla-Simvastati 40MG (1 time a day)
Depends on availability - Zolpihexal 10mg/Zolnoxs 10mg/Noxidem 10mg (just before bedtime)

Reply to Mr W