Question
Posted by: Imvubu | 2011-04-22

sleep terror

I thrash around and scream during the sleep. I have no recollection of it after being woken by my wife, which I have already injured by my action

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This can be a very serious problem indeed. There are many instances of people injuring themselves or others in this way.

A sleep doctor needs to try to work out which of the possible causes is the issue in your case. Medication can then be used to suppress those events. The medication is usually at a low dose, so causing very little in the way of problems.