Question
Posted by: Boitshepo | 2011/07/14

Sleep talking

Hi Doc,

For the past few months, my partner says that I have been talking in my sleep, though I don''t always recall the conversations but sometimes I do. Like last night, I recall what I said but went straight to sleep right after that. Do i have a sleeping disorder and can it be fixed and should I be worried? I am not under any stress, unless if am unconsciously stressing but not aware of.

Thank you in advance.

Boitshepo

I doubt that you have a sleeping disorder, as speech can be normal during sleep. You can ask your doctor to refer you for a sleep test. This test will be helpful to diagnose any sleep abnormalities.