Posted by: GINA | 2012-04-12

Hi Doc,
I have a sleeping problem for the past two months, I go to bed about 9:00 and sleep until 1 /2 in the mrning then I am awake. cant fall back to sleep. tried drinking warm milk, etc but nothing is helping pls help me.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Make sure you are not in bed for too long - although the gut reaction is to go to bed earlier when you are tired, you will sleep the best at your regular time. For example, if you get up at 6, then you should not get into bed before 10 or 11.

When you wake, do not lie around in bed. Sit somewhere else and read until you feel sleepy, then get back into bed. Repeat this as much as is necessary. Keep your bed for sleeping only - not for tossing and turning.

Finally, early morning waking can be an indication of depression - if you think this might be the case you need to discuss treatment with your doctor.

Posted by: Johny | 2012-04-15

I cannot sleep unless I take a sleeping tablet. I am 71 years old and use dormonact ans Stilnox half of each each night before I go to bed and still wakes up at 2 or 3 in the morning. I work very hard under stressful conditions.

Reply to Johny