Question
Posted by: Stephan | 2010-07-27

Sleep problems

I have a lot of questions regarding my sleep problems.

We initially thought that I may have obstructive sleep apnea, but after an assessment it was at an index of 1.

However, there were a lot of other things that came from the assessment. Oxygen desaturation was at times at 76%, pulse rate avaraged 120bpm, snoring was an issue, sleep quality at about ~70%.

I am a bad sleeper, tossing and turning most of the night (there is not a single night that the fitted sheet can stay on the bed). And I have experienced 90% of the symptoms associated with sleep apnea.

Is there something else that we might be missing?

Stephan

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The oxygen does not desaturate without good reason. You need to discuss this with your doctor, and if he does not have a good explanation and solution for your symptoms, then he should be referring you to someone who does. There are various other conditions which can do this. A drop to 76% is rather alarming, and certainly needs attention.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-07-28

Reply to Sleep expert