Question
Posted by: Dezi | 2009-07-28

Sleep problems

I am 53yrs old and take 1 melatonin tablet every night, I dont have a problem falling asleep at 9pm but wake up around 1am and then I cant fall asleep, its driving me crazy cause I wake my husband and then he also cant sleep, Im scared to take sleeping tablets, please help

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The most common, but by no means the only cause of early morning wakening is depression. You need to discuss this with someone who can analyse your sleep patterns for you and help come to a diagnosis.

Melatonin is probably not optimal in these circumstances.

2
Posted by: Joe | 2009-09-09

I am 42 yrs old male. I have had trouble in getting sleep at night. If I sleep early such 21H00 I am definately sure that by 02H00 I would be awake until 06H00 when I have to wake up. That' s when I start falling asleep. I am not the type of person who sleeps during the day. In fact I try to avoid it by all means because I want to spare that for the evening. Coupled with the lack of sleep some days I wake up sweating heavily. This started in 1993 and has been with me for a long time. I went to check whether I did not have TB but that was not the case.

Reply to Joe
Posted by: Desperate Wife | 2009-07-29

Good day,

My husband first started taking 1 stilnox at about 8.30-9.00p.m and it would last the night, then started waking up at 1.00am and not sleep again, so started taking a second Stilnox. Last night he took 1 at 8.30pm another at 11.00pm and a 3rd at 2.00am which did not give him solid sleep he still woke up continually. Its starting to effect my sleep as I' m a light sleeper. He has just stopped taking an antidepressant on his own, deciding he no longer needs it. Could it be that.

Reply to Desperate Wife