Posted by: Amanda | 2012-07-31

Sleep problem

28yr old son have problem to sleep even with sleep medication. As worried mother I seek help please. He has been to sleep clinic. Also has depression problem and HIV

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The first problem is that what he went to is NOT a "sleep clinic", it is a sleep LABORATORY. The purpose is to measure the quality of sleep. His problem, on the other hand is his QUANTITY of sleep. A sleep laboratory cannot make this diagnosis. In addition, most of the laboratories are run by technologists who are, anyhow, not legally allowed to make a diagnosis or to treat.

He needs to see a sleep doctor. Remember, we treat patients, not tests. The doctor will be able to make a diagnosis of what is underlying his insomnia, and will be able to start treatment. As a rule, sleeping pills do not work for this kind of problem, and other approaches are needed.

Posted by: Hester | 2012-08-30

I am tired through out the day and when it comes to sleep time, I can not fall asleep. I also sleep very light, any sort of noise, I am wide awake.
My partner also snore a lot, so when he falls asleep, I can not sleep at all. Only way to sleep, is to earphones in my ears.
Any suggestions??

Reply to Hester
Posted by: Lebogang | 2012-07-31

i am 49yrs i can 8hrs

Reply to Lebogang