Posted by: SP | 2011-11-04

Sleep Paralysis

hello, hope u can help. i suffer from Sleep Paralysis (when your brain wakes up before your body does - i think) and it is driving me up the wall.

when i lie on my back the strangest things happen to me. i fell like im falling, i hear banging noises but loudly. it feels if im awake coz i can see my whole room in the dark but i cant scream or move a muscle. it is really scary stuff.

i also experience the presence of an entity in my room when this happens, for real. it was like on top of me the other night and it looked human (it was not my husband) coz he was snoring away. i could see him (my husband) outof the corner of my eye.

this happens since 12 years ago, every now and then but the experiences get worse over the years.

what is wrong with me and how do i fix this? i dont want to go see a psychiatrist nor be on medication.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

On its own, this is not a problem. It sometimes is associated with other sleep disorders, which could need treatment. If you are not getting adequate hours of sleep, that could worsen the condition.