Question
Posted by: trevor | 2010-12-06

Sleep paralysis

Hi sleep expert - can you help with advice please? My sleep paralysis is only felt in my shoulders and upper arms. I wake up 3-5 times every night with painful shoulders and upper arms and pins and needles in my whole arm and hands. I can only sleep on my sides (very uncomfortable on my back) and this means I have to turn over many times during the night. This does not cause me anxiety, just a lot of pain. I have a Simmons mattress, and that''''s supposed to be one of the best - but I still feel the pain.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Sleep paralysis does not cause the symptoms you are describing. This sounds like it could be a problem in he neck. I would earnestly suggest that you see a neurologist or a neurosurgeon for a thorough examination of the problem.

2
Posted by: anon | 2010-12-10

learn to sleep on you back..........

Reply to anon
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-12-07

Reply to Sleep expert