Question
Posted by: Theuns | 2010-08-13

sleep paralysis

Hi can you please explain what is sleep paralysis ?
I wake up in the middle of the night - my brain awake from a sleeping state but i cant move after a while ( its abattle to move my body ) by body can move - its very fearful i can see and hear but can not move or talk - is it a sleeping disorder ?
theuns

Expert ImageSleep Expert

During the dream stage of sleep, our muscle become paralysed in order to prevent us sleepwalking, that is to say, acting out our dreams. In some people this paralysis lasts a bit longer than the period of sleep.

It is very frightening, but not dangerous. It is associated, in some people, with other sleep conditions.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-08-16

Reply to Sleep expert