Sleep paralysis

Doc what happens you 1 of four siblings, the first to experience hecticly for the longest period of time, then your twin brothers. Eldest sister apparently not.

It becomes part of your life and think its nothing really to worry about although scary.
But your twin brothers both dream the same/similar nightmare during sleep paralysis, not the same time, and during your episodes you have dreamt similar to one of the twin brother.
And yes on one occassion of note we all had sleep paralysis in the same night, I cant say whether its the same time.

Any advice? We live in different suburbs now but still experience sleep paralysis. I have been having it for more than 16 years and they probably about less than 5 years but I have it more frequent than them.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Sleep paralysis is really frightening when it happens, but is not dangerous at all. Generally we would nopt try to treat it.

However, if you are falling asleep at inappropriate times during the day as well, then you could have narcolepsy, and in that case the sleep paralysis is considered part of the condition. That would need some medical attention.

Otherwise, the condition is a nuisance, but not serious in any way.