Question
Posted by: Mom_of_2 | 2008/07/04

Sleep needed

Hi there. My 4 yr old son was always an excellent sleeper, but in the past 5 weeks has been waking more frequently for any reason & cannot seem to soothe himself back to sleep. He normally goes to sleep at approx 19h00, but then wakes at 22h30 & comes into my bedroom on any sort of pretense. This happens a few times a night & it takes him hours to go back to sleep. He now has dark rings under his eyes & is extremely irritable during the day. PLS HELP!!

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult a Paediatrician, in order to have blood tests done, to exclude any pathological reason for his insomnia. I also suggest that he does not eat any sweets, chocolates or drink fizzy drinks, especially Coca-Cola during the day.

Your son is too young to take any sleeping medication.

Kind regards