Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2009/11/09

Sleep in same position

Dear Sleep expert

Please explain why this happens, I find that I sleep in the same position all night, also i find that when i wake in the morning my body is so stiff this has also caused terrible tension in my neck& shoulders. I also grind on my teeth during my sleep so badly that my dentist has made a gum-guard especially for me, that i wear at night. Why is this?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Most people move very little in their sleep. If you are grinding your teeth and waking up stiff, this might be because you are very tense about something. It may also be a joint problem, such as arthritis. You should get it checked out.

2
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2009/11/23

I have the same problem. What I did was to get myself used to sleeping on my back. At least this way, my body isn' t in a weird pose for 8 hours. It also helps me concentrate on relaxing my facial muscles. But I would also recommend seeing someone about the problem if you' re not such a hardnose as I am  )

PS: Try to leave the problems outside your bedroom door, or even better: at the office.

Reply to Vrye Denker
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2009/11/10

Reply to Sleep expert