Question
Posted by: malik | 2011-05-17

sleep in front of TV

Hi Dr

My problem is I usually feel sleepy on the couch in front of the TV but when I get to bed I struggle to fall asleep and end up taking pills to sleep.

Any suggestions on what this could and how to solve the problem

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You have got yourself into a bunch of bad habits, so that TV is your "sleep place", and bed has become your "awake place". There are psychological techniques to correct this, but you will need to see a sleep doctor or a psychologist who has training in sleep.

2
Posted by: Hussain | 2011-06-18

I also had that problem wid a member of my family you must take a sleep study it could be sleep apnoea

Reply to Hussain
Posted by: Mpho | 2011-05-20

I used to have the same problem. One thing I did to overcome that was to lay on my bed and keep thinking just about anything that makes me happy, and I would fall asleep right there.

Reply to Mpho