Posted by: MB | 2011-06-14

Sleep doctor

I see that you often refer people to a " sleep doctor" . Is there a website where I can locate one for our area - we live in Secunda in Mpumalanga. I experience sleep problems as well and is currently using Zolpidem, but I would really like to stop using it and sleep with my husband. Because of his snoring, I cannot sleep through a night with him.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

To the best of my knowledge there is no one in your area who is treating this problem.

However, your husband sounds as though he might have sleep apnoea. This does indeed need attention, because it does have some unpleasant health complications, apart from the noise and they way it affects you!

Ask your GP if he knows where the nearest person to you is who might be able to treat this problem.