Posted by: Zizi | 2012-06-23

I suffer from a sleeping disorder that starts with a struggle to fall asleep. I am an early sleeper - latest 21h00. If I am forced to sleep after 23h00 then I struggle to sleep. I then close my eyes to " force"  myself into sleep. I then enter into " body paralysis"  that includes difficulty in breathing. I am quite concious in this state and can hear noises around me but I cannot get out of the trance-like state. Interestingly whilst I cannot move other parts of my body, especially head and arms, I can move my legs. I then enter into a struggle to move the heads and arms and as soon I can move either then I snap out of it. The struggle leaves me quite exhausted, out of breath and sweaty. Also a shove will also snap me out of it.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

I would suggest that you get seen by a sleep doctor - you will probably need some tests to work out exactly what the problem is.