Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/19

Sleep Disorder

Hi. I am having a problem to sleep. I have been to the doctor who did a bp test, urine test etc. The results were negatve. The doctor then gave me sleeping tablets which works wonders. But if I do not take the sleeping tablets, then I cannot sleep. For about 1 week Now I have stopped taking the tablets as I was becoming dependant on them and still I have a problem to sleep. Please help......

Dear Anonymous
See http://www.sahealthinfo.org/mentalhealth/insomniahelp.htm
I think the first step is to try and identify the cause, try to avoid any foods, medications or stimulants, try to change your bedtime habits and if needed, try to see a psychologist to teach you some relaxation techniques