Posted by: jess | 2013-01-22

Sleep difficutlies

hi there
I have 2 major issues.

1. My son is 5yrs old and is a problem to sleep at night. we go to bed around 7 and try to sleep, he tosses and turns and moans he is thirsty and I talk to hime to sleep, sometimes i get so angry that i shout and even spank him...he onlys falls alseep at 11pm after a spanking and then gets up at 5am . in creche they sleep from 12.30 - 2.30 and they say he is happy and content with his progress. please help me with a plan .

2. I currently suffer with Insomnia. i am tired by 7 and then cannot sleep. if i fall off to sleep by 11, i am up by 2am and then wide awake. i dont take any tabs and also suffer with my back alot.

please advise what is best and sorry for the long message

thank you

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Dear Jess,

Unfortunately I do not have adequate training in paediatric problems. I suggest you speak to a paediatrician in this regard.

As far as your own problems are concerned, I think your best option would be to see a sleep doctor.

Posted by: JESS | 2013-02-15

Thanks. we took him to the paedsm he just said he is normal and has a bit of fluid in the ear and gave texa for night. he said that my LB sits still and cant see anything. very annoyed with the paeds.
i am going to buy the stuff you suggested Shell and hopefully he will sleep.
i will request from the creche to stop his day naps

Reply to JESS
Posted by: Shell | 2013-02-04

My son was a bad sleeper too, so I stopped him sleeping at creche altogether and then suddenly he started sleeping at night.

Some idea''s:
Put a soft story on at night-CD, but it must not be an excitable stroy needs to be calming.
Burn a lacender candle so that his room is filled with a soft cent.
One of those light s with a rotating lamp shade with fish or birds on it very calmig

When you put your son to bed, read him a story, use a very calm tone.

All of the above do work, tried it with my son.

Lastly have you had him check for ADHD? does the teacher mona about him being restless at creche, its worth while going to a peadiatrician to cehck all of this too.
Good Luck

Reply to Shell