Posted by: Lin | 2009-10-05

Sleep deprevation

As far as I can remember i couldn' t sleep through the night. since I became pregnant it got worse and even worse when I had my baby. I haven' t been on leave in 2 and a half years, my child is now almost 3 and she doesnt' t sleep through the night, even on the very rare occasion she does, I don' t as she sometimes stops breathing, so this is in my subconscious and I wake up frequently. in june i was in hospital and they gave my sleeping tablets at night, which did help some, but the problem is I can t sleep even with the slightest of noise around me. on weekends in the afternoons i try to catch up on some sleep when my child is asleep, but this just makes me more tired. i don' t think i am getting half of the amount of uninterrupted sleep as i should be. i can not conectrate and feel like a zombie, what could i?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You need to be evaluated by a sleep doctor to work out what the underlying problem might be. This kind if issue can usually be corrected, but you do need the right kind of help.