Question
Posted by: Joan | 2009/04/29

Sleep clinics

How does one go about seeing a sleep specialist? Would my GP have to refer me? I have had problems with sleep for about ten years - partially related to PTSD and also early-onset menopause (full hysterectomy at 38). I have been using Alchera for about 5 years and also Trepaline 10mg to stop me from clenching my jaw - problem is that I don' t want to be dependant on medication for the rest of my life. Once asleep, I' m fine - I just can' t get there on my own.

Would someone be able to help me get a normal sleep pattern back?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Yes, ask your GP to refer you to someone who understands sleep medicine.