Posted by: sharns | 2009-06-01

sleep catalepsy?

Hi I have been getting these awful dreams, not often but maybe once over 2 months depending on what state of mind im in maybe.I had it last night and again this morning where I feel I am paralysed.Its almost like an out of body experience or more worrying like I am being demonically possessed.I cant scream or wake myself up and I am so scared.I have been depressed all day just wanting to end this life.I cant handle this.Do you have any idea whats happening to me and how to make it stop.Im alone and I am so scared to go to sleep.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Everyone dreams, but the content of the dream is determined by your emotional condition. If you are stressed, you will tend to have bad dreams.

While you dream, the muscles of the body become paralysed. This prevents you acting out your dreams, in other words sleepwalking. In some people, this happens while they are actually awake. They are then lying in ed, unable to move, and often having a bad dream. It is a terrifying experience, but is not dangerous, and always goes away within a very short while. It actually has no meaning in terms of health, either physical or mental.

Posted by: D | 2009-06-10

I experience the same, you definitely not alone, there are quite alot of people out there that experience that, and there are various scientific/medical and spiritual/religious explanations. i can' t tell you which it is.
But its definitely not something you need to kill yourself over. I have had it for probably more than 16 years and I am fine so to speak besides what life throws at you.
I find sleeping on my side and not on my back sometimes help.

Dont despair just have faith in yourself and whatever you believe in.

Reply to D